Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My ARD CER D11

So, after 1 year with my lovely HPI sprint, that introduced me to this hobby, I decided, that I deserve a little present, and bought myself this. 



Inside I found a mess of chassis parts.


The quality is amazing. However, I was unlucky to get a package without both shock towers, bumper mount, and 2 Left L-hubs (appears later on the pic).


Since it was a Plustoyo version, it did not include the 1,3 CS. But 1,3 is not enough anyway, so I ordered some D-like pulleys and belts, as well as an RC-art front belt tensioner. 







No ball bearings in the steering crank is a pure disappointment. It gives a lot of play to the whole steering assembly.


CVD's. For some reason, ARD decided to make them unequal. The angle is quite OK for now, but I really wish it was bigger. Will have to work on it sometime later.


 Here it is. 2 left L-hubs.


 And no shock towers. Had to pause for 2 weeks, while ARD shipped me my missing parts. Free of charge of course. Great service.




And here it is, finished after all. 

Fitted it with Novak GTB2 ESC and Yokomo brushless Zero 8.5T motor. 



1 comment:

  1. Aron Thaiaznboy@yahoo.comJuly 2, 2012 at 8:56 PM

    Hey Im actually about to buy one of these kits directly from ARD. Is there anything I need to know or might need to make this kit better??? PLease let me know if you can help me thanks

    Please email me if you can. I would appreciate alll the help since not too many ARD fans in the US that I know.

    ReplyDelete