Monday, May 6, 2013

DL-86 recent progress

Updating the blog was really tought for a couple of weeks now. But I'm back on it, hopefully with a lot of new stuff.

To start up - a taste of Dl-86 that is getting into its shape.


The layout is rather simple, so masking was not a problem. Also, from all my previous bodies, I got really tired of sticker trims. They always get dust under them, and then peel off easily, with no option for replacement. So I decided to finally make the window trims with black paint. Turned out way better than I expected.
 



 And here is what I have after 2 straight days of working on this beauty. A nice 7mm fat chrome stripe and a thin 2mm fluo-green stripe with a small touch of pearl coat. It's a bit different from the Uras-86 that I wanted to copy, but "all white" seemed a bit boring to me.


Now, this body is only 40% complete. Still a lot of things to do, which I hope to complete this week.
Did you notice a small tow-strap? That's right, I'm keeping up with the trend :)


I am extremely excited of the way it looks. Very clean and smooth but still aggressive - just the way I like it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment