Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Alex Racing Design CER D11 Plustoyo

Finally, holidays have arrived, and I had some time to clean my chassis properly, and rebuild it with thread lock, which, how I understood in the process, was a total must. 

After 4 months of using the chassis, I can say, that it rides really great. Weight balance and weight shift possibilities are amazing. The only downsides for me, are a bit weak rear CVD's and not enough steering lock.




When I was choosing a chassis, red color was a must. I try to keep up with the stile which looks really great. Shame they don't have red pulleys widely avaliable.





Rear CVD's is a downer for me. In 4 months of riding, I already have play both in axles and dog-bones. Materials could have been better.


There is a picture of full lock. Can't really say if it is much or not, but it's more than enough even for 1.8 CS. After D1-10 I will try to modify it slightly with stock CVD's and probably with Square VDF dog bones.



Plustoyo version is a confusing upgrade. Not all will suspect the changes of chassis flex it allows. However, this setting is very useful, when you change floor types often.


There it is. Fresh and clean. Don't even want to ride it on the street anymore. Deep cleaning takes a lot of effort. Hope you liked it.


Current Spec list looks like:

Track surface: asphalt, polished concrete, carpet, tile
Tire: Top line TDT-201AB ABS for carpet/ Yokomo R2 for concrete, asphalt/ Chinese Diamond cut tire for tile
Motor & ESC: Yokomo Brushless Zero 10.5/ Novak GTB2
Servo: Savox 1251 MG
Front

Camber: -7°
Toe In: 1,0°.
Kick up: 4 mm
Caster hubs: 7°
Ride height: 7 mm
Springs: No name medium springs
Bumper weight: 10g bumper brace
Sway-Bar: none
Shock Oil: Team associated #30
SHock Pistons: 2 holesOther: almost 0 bump steer and bump camber. 2nd top shock tower hole

Rear

Camber: -2°
Toe: 2
Anti dive: 1mm
Ride height: 7 mm
Springs: ARD soft soft (green)
Sway-Bar: none
Shock Oil: noname #35
Other: Active hobby active pistons for slow rebound mod

Drive Train

Front: 40 
Center: 14 / 21
Rear: 32
Spur: 121
Pinion: 32
Other: Medium chassis flex. spacers for 40 pulley fittment


1 comment:

  1. I have a brand new never assembled early first-run CE4 Special Edition, in that it includes upgrades that the owner of Alex Racing sent me to show appreciation for helping them with the Hakarunjer Lap Counting System they produced which was later reproduced by Team Orion. I never used the CE4 and it's been in storage since receiving it in 2000, I think. If anyone is interested in this gem, I would sell it. My email is: the.littlehorn@gmail.com

    Christopher R. Smith

    ReplyDelete