Saturday, December 8, 2012

Tokyo rc scene

Greetings from Tokyo. It's my second day here and I decided to visit some rc shops, thanks to my friend Re-xtreme, who made a wonderful guide.

So, anyway, my choice stopped at "rakusei models" because it was easy to find, and "super rajicon" as it had a small track.

Rakusei was really fun as the cashier knew English and helped me out to find what i need. Stock is good, but it's hard to find what you need.


All these parts, that we have to wait weeks to arrive to Russia, are all here on the sliding shelf, available to touch.


 

 Found a lot of Uras and Maruma body kits, some brand new and rare Tamiya bodies, but no yokomo bodies(





I was especially surprised to see rc drift magazines and dvd's, but was stupid enought not to buy one.




 After i bought some stuff, cashier greatly admired my car and was very kind to show me the way to Super rajicon.



 

Rajicon is a very different story. Shop is huge, with all kinds of stuff from traditional Yokomo and Tamiya to rather rare Overdose and Kazama. Again, i simply got lost with all these things, and bought only a little, though i know it is much cheaper to buy parts here than to order in from Russia.



Just look at that paint selection: it's huge, and can't compare to 3-4 cans in whole St- Petersburg. Such a shame, i can't bring any on the plane. That brought me to an idea of.... Making a body right here :-). Should be very fun!!!



All kinds of wheels( Top line, Mikuni, Kazama, Yokomo) and bodies ( from good old yokomo to latest d-like gt 86). It's really hard to buy something when you have almost top notch complete chassis and super stylish body( And spending real money makes it even harder.




Then i switched to a small track behind the desk on the 2nd floor of the shop. There i found some pimpish OTA and VDF( funny how i always thought it was an ARD). That is too much gold for my taste.





I also found some of these bad boys: Ota based long chassis and a Ta-03 (probably) based RWD slider. The last one was a nice piece of engeneering, with a lot of  custom work. Unfortunatuly, i could not make any more pictures of it(((





And then - the track. For my big disappointment, it was not a carpet, or even polished conctrete. Just concrete with a lot of bumps and holes, which gave close to 0 traction on Yokomo wheels which I had. Since there was no guys to battle with, i just made a few rounds as it is, without any changes or buying new tires, and made a small video, which is going to come later.





That is it for now. No more news from Tokyo. Osaka and Tokyo are on the way.


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Japan and thank you for your visiting!! I'm a Rakusei's staff to have talked to you yesterday.
    I've known that RC DRIFT has become popular in the world(Sometimes such a topic appears in Japanese RC magazines),but yesterday it was the first time to meet the real drifting player from foreign countries.
    I was very glad to see you but also I was sorry not to have a conversation about RC with you any more.
    If I had more times...

    We're looking forward to your visiting the shop again.

    Do all your best in this weekend!!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to see a comment from you. I was very busy these days so I didn't reply earlier.
      You can contact me at whipalicious20@gmail.com and we can have a chat. Also I would be grateful if you could help me buying some RC parts.

      Delete
  2. what is the exact place in your store in tokyo..?please reply me asap please..

    ReplyDelete