Tuesday, December 25, 2012

YIDM through my lens, pt.2 - bodes and chassis

During the second day, when we were waiting long 5 hours for our finals, I decided to walk around and take some pictures of the bodies and chassis. 



 First, what got my attention is a full-carbon GP sports S15. This is truly, a work of art. Knowing the technology, I would sat it is very difficult to fit carbon inside the body lines. But the result is tremendous.




Around the arena, I saw all kinds of bodies. Funny fact, that in world class, most bodies are aggresive competition versions and not street versions. A good explanation for that is Aerodynamics, which is sometimes very underestimated.


Replica of a real car or a unique idea - doesn't even matter. All of them had something special.



Takahiro's body. One of my most favourite.



BMW is a popular body, from what I understood. This one featured a crazy red color which was impossible to miss even from the other corner of arena.









Street versions were noticed in lower, local classes



How about realistic dirt, dents and cracked windows?





Some chassis setups were nothing but crazy. I have seen all kinds of systems. This is something i never tried before but desperate to try now.


 





Some of the participants were taking things really serious.






No comments:

Post a Comment