Wednesday, September 12, 2012

AASBO/TRA Kyoto GT 86: part 1

Boom. Here comes the new project. This should be the most awesome one I have by this moment.
Tamiya Gt86 body + custom fenders (previously trashed Yokomo BMW) and a custom paint job.

First, let's take a look at Tamiya body. It's very stiff. I'd say it is as stiff as yokomo, however sides are a bit more soft. But that's not a problem since I will probably do a real roll cage for this one.


What is really uncool, is this mould line and rear body post markings. Really disappointing.



I already started doing some markups. Never mind the wavy lines - it's just for a start.


 Just like my mate Rextreme, I never had experience with lexan light buckets. WIll have to figure out, how to paint these. Plans for them are as huge as for the body.

Now let's look at what comes with the body. here are some nice side mirrors.

Small package with pin clips to hold the mirrors and the body itself (bonus:-))

Useful stickers. I still don't know whether i want to make window trims with stickers or with paint.

Masks. Raw and uncut, but designed nicely.

Here is a small color pick. Tamiya paints are super hard to find. In the whole 5 000 000 city, we only have 10 tamiya spray cans, and 20 LRP cans. Nothing to choose from at all(. Painting will be done by my friend Andrey "Dru", who makes custom aerography on bodies, and has a shit load of paints to choose from. Orange has to be figured out later.

And here is the body pre-mounted on the chassis with +12 Top Line mars wheels that are going to support the exact-detail look.

As you can see, +12 is a bit too much. That's what why we need a rocket bunny wide body!!!

Very short rear. I wonder how will it handle on the track. I never had such short bodies.

Here are another +12 wheels that were left unchanged, and also go ok with the body.

And now a super sneak peek. What previously was my beloved BMW, has now turned into this.

 As you can see, it's a perfect fit. It needs a little trim and has to be stretched to fit, but it's already super hot.

Because of BMW side vents design, I was unable to cut fenders more than this. Not very "Exact detail", but I'll try to figure it out.

 Perfect stance.

That's it for today. Stay tuned for more. We will se how it goes, but I don't think it will take me too long to build.

1 comment:

  1. wowwww.... nice work keep it up and let us know!

    ReplyDelete